Two Weeks – Second Injection

Today was the day for my second testosterone injection. I have been eagerly awaiting this injection for the last couple of days, since school calmed down a bit. I went to bed early-ish last night because I was excited to get up in the morning and go to student health services, but apparently my dog, Harry, thought he’d make the morning a bit more exciting. He wake me up early this morning by making throw up-y sounds. I jumped out of bed to clean up his puke before it set in the carpet, then went back to sleep for about half an hour before I had to actually get up for the day.

I got up and did my normal morning routine before school, but this time I packed up my testosterone to take with me to student health services so I could get my injection before class. However, as I was packing up my bag, I noticed Harry was in some weird contorted position just outside the room. At first, I thought he was having a seizure, but as I got closer, I realized he was looking. When I looked at it more closely, I saw his fur was all matted and wet from continued licking. This isn’t his normal behavior, so I checked the area to see what was bothering him. What I found was not what I expected. He had vaccines given to him earlier this week, and apparently the injection site was irritating him, so he licked it raw. =( By the time I disinfected the area and cleaned him up, I was running behind schedule by 10 minutes.

I hurried to student health services and checked in. The nurse who gave me my first injection called me in a couple minutes later. I walked in the room and sat down. This was it. I had to do it myself. She watched as I drew up the testosterone into the syringe. She showed me where to inject again. I sat for a minute or two holding the syringe in my hand. I am not going to lie. I was nervous about giving myself an injection. I didn’t want to wait too long though, no point in building up the suspense. Next thing I know, I was pushing the needle into my leg. My leg started shaking, but oddly, it didn’t hurt at all. I began to depress the plunger, but my leg just kept shaking. So, I had to take breaks from injection the testosterone to get a handle on my shaking leg. At this point, I don’t know why my leg was shaking. I had already done the hard part, but I finally got all of the injection into the muscle and quickly pulled out the needle. All in all, it wasn’t too bad. Next injection will be better since I’ll just be able to do it at home without having to go to student health services. I am glad that I had the nurses guidance though!

I ended up being half an hour late to my class because the nurse wanted me to wait around for 20 minutes, but it was definitely worth it. I found out that I didn’t really miss much anyway, since the professor had only started lecturing about 5 minutes before I showed up.

Anyway, as far as changes go. Nothing seems to have happened since last week. I think my face has gotten more oily, but that’s about it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s